Sunshine Raheja Vihar, Chandivli, Andheri (E)
- This modern, luxury, Sky Srcaper complex typical urban in design was developed about 8 years ago.
- Hill side was cut and flattened artificially to make place for this society.
- Total plot area 3000 sq m receives 60,00,000 lit water during rains
- Total roof area receives 20,00,000 lit water during rains
Society members debated for 2 years on connecting roof top RWH for the bore well recharge.
Piping + tank + filter = 12,00,000/-
20,00,000 litres of roof top water by their need of 65 KLD
…would meet only 30 days needs
- We made Innovative use of storm drain…
- Used storm drain as channel for collection of all rain water…60,00,000 Liters
- Baffled filter with sand and gravel and PVC media sedimentation device… simple disinfection and recharge into the bore well all inclusive 1,20,000/-
- Meeting 90 days equivalent need
Bore well recharge through Filtered and disinfected storm water drainage
YES! Properly used, storm water drains can help in collecting a lot more rain water as compared to only the roof top